UPDATE: Applications are now closed.
The U.S. Embassy’s Youth Council aims to provide young New Zealanders with a platform and an opportunity to inform policy-makers at the Embassy about issues central to sustaining positive U.S.-N.Z. relations.
The Youth Council offers participants with an opportunity to:
- Contribute to the dialogue on issues of significance to both the U.S. and New Zealand
- Design and participate in community and volunteer programs to promote civil society
- Provide direct input to the Ambassador and American diplomats on current issues
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and other events organized by the U.S. Embassy
- Publish blogs and opinion pieces on the U.S. Embassy New Zealand web site
- Develop a network of other emerging leaders in New Zealand
- Receive a reference letter from the U.S. Embassy recognizing their contribution and participation in this program
The Mission of Youth Council
The Mission of the Youth Council is to gather future leaders to raise awareness of and develop stronger ties between the U.S. and New Zealand, highlighting mutual economic, social, and policy benefits that arise from our countries’ close partnership.