Welcome to Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) Information Page!
This page contains reminders, new application instructions and policies, and guides for a successful application through ERA.
REMINDERS FOR ERA JOB SEEKERS
To be a successful applicant, remember your ERA password and manage your ERA job seeker account.
- Use google chrome browser when accessing ERA, the system works best in google chrome and may not work properly if opened in other browsers
- All applicants are required to submit their application
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to maintain his/her credentials to ERA. In creating your ERA Account, make sure to provide a password that you will easily remember
- In case you forgot your password, the account lock is only TEMPORARY – after 30 minutes, ERA will allow you to log in again
- If you can no longer remember your password, the system ONLY allows two options:
- Click the password reset hyperlink or,
- Create a new account
- Make sure to provide provide all information relevant to your application. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to provide information on his/her application that are true, correct, and complete. A curriculum vitae or resume is NOT considered during the qualification analysis process. Only the information completed on the application can be used to determine eligibility and qualifications of applicants.
- Make sure to UPLOAD all required documents as listed on every vacancy announcement
- You will only receive an email IF your application has progressed to the next step in the recruitment process. Follow-up is not needed. You will need to wait for at least four (4) weeks after the closing date of the vacancy to know if you have been shortlisted for next level.
- Make sure to check your email regularly including the junk or spam folders so you wouldn’t miss any updates or further instructions
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND POLICIES
Interested applicants should also check the links below to obtain essential tips on how to be a successful employee of the U.S. Embassy:
- Eight Qualities of Overseas Employees (PDF 128 KB)
- Veterans Preference Policy Change (PDF 78 KB)
- Effective April 1, 2016, Ordinarily Resident (OR) U.S. Veterans will no longer receive a hiring preference for positions advertised in the mission. OR U.S. Veterans are encouraged to apply for positions in the mission for which they are eligible and qualified; however, as stated above, OR US Veterans will no longer receive a hiring preference effective April 1, 2016.
- OR U.S. Veterans who are currently employed in the mission may remain employed; however, effective April 1, 2016, they will no longer receive a hiring preference when competing for internal vacancies.
HOW TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT AND HOW TO APPLY IN ERA (10 STEPS)
- Use google chrome browser when accessing ERA, the system works best in google chrome and may not work properly if opened in other browsers. On our ERA Job Seeker Page, click on the “LOG-IN” link. Click “CREATE AN ACCOUNT” from the Login pop-up window. Fill out your personal and contact information. All items marked with a red asterisk (*) are mandatory and would required a response. Human Resources will only communicate via email or phone, so please make sure your contact information is correct. Note that each ERA account must have a unique email address. The system will NOT allow multiple applicant accounts using the same email address. Use the “Next” and “Previous buttons located at the bottom of each page to navigate. Do NOT use the browser navigation buttons or refresh button or you may lose important information.
- Next, you will be asked to create a password. Your password must have at least 12 characters and must include at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one digit, one special character, and no spaces. Make sure to provide a password that you will easily remember and find a way to keep it safely where you can access it in case you forgot it.
- Next, you need to select your secret or security questions to enable you to retrieve your password. For these security questions, you need to provide answers that you will easily remember. There should be 3 mandatory security questions with 3 mandatory answers. The answers to the security questions must be unique, must not begin and/or end with spaces, and are case sensitive. If you made a mistake – a red validation square will come up which will prompt you to amend your answer. It is the applicant’s responsibility to maintain and secure his/her credentials to ERA. In case you forgot your password and you can’t retrieve it through the security questions, you will need to create a new account in ERA.
- In the last stage, you will receive confirmation and an email stating that your account was created. Please safeguard your account email, password, and security questions/answers as you will need those to login to your ERA account.
- After successfully creating your account, you will now be able to search for currently available vacancies. If a vacancy is active, you will be able to click the hyperlinked Job Title. The vacancy details will appear. Please read carefully, click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button when ready, and follow all instructions.
- You must answer all the questions that follow and correctly certify your qualifications. You must also upload all the necessary documents to your application before the closing date of the vacancy. Make sure to provide provide all information relevant to your application. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to provide information on his/her application that are true, correct, and complete. A curriculum vitae or resume is NOT considered during the qualification analysis process. Only the information completed on the application can be used to determine eligibility and qualifications of applicants.
- You have the option to print the vacancy announcement and/or email it. Remember, the account you set up will remain the same for all other Embassy vacancies.
- If you forgot your password, the account lock is only TEMPORARY. After 30 minutes, ERA will allow you to log in again. Otherwise, click the Forgot Password link. You will be asked to provide your email address, and your 3 secret answers. The secret answers must be the same to those you used when you set-up your account. When asked to create a new password, click confirm. In case you can no longer remember your password, the system ONLY ALLOWS two options: 1. Click the password reset hyperlink or 2. Create a new account. If you forget your email address, there is NO way to retrieve the account information and you will have to create a new account.
- Once you have applied for a position, a confirmation window will automatically appear a message will confirm submission. You will be able to view all the positions you applied to in the “dashboard” along with their closing dates.
- At the end of your application, you can either click “View your Dashboard” to review your application/s status or “Return to Vacancy Listing” to continue applying to other vacancies.
ADDITIONAL ERA GUIDES
NOTE: You will be contacted by email or phone if your application has progressed to the next step in the recruitment process. Please do not contact Human Resources office.
The U.S. Mission in New Zealand provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.