Location: New Zealand
Event: Covid-19 Update – 06 April 2020
If you would prefer not to receive further messages, please unsubscribe at the STEP website here.
Air New Zealand added an additional flight from Auckland to Los Angeles this Wednesday, 8 April. As of 3:00 p.m., 6 April, seats on that flight are still available to purchase from Air New Zealand’s website.
The United States Center for Disease Control (CDC) recently released guidance and suggestions for the use of face masks, especially within the United States. How masks can be used, and information on making them yourself, is available on the CDC’s website.
CDC continues to study the spread and effects of the novel coronavirus across the United States. We now know from recent studies that a significant portion of individuals with coronavirus lack symptoms (“asymptomatic”) and that even those who eventually develop symptoms (“pre-symptomatic”) can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example, speaking, coughing, or sneezing—even if those people are not exhibiting symptoms.
In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
Actions to Take
- Visit the Department of State Covid-19 crisis page for the latest information
- Visit the New Zealand Covid-19 website for the most up to date information in New Zealand
- Consult the CDC website for accurate, up to date information
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting or transmitting Covid-19, please read the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Consult your airline, cruise line, or other travel operator regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions
- Visit the United States Embassy in New Zealand website for updated information
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security website for the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Consulate General Auckland, Level 3, Citigroup Building, 23 Customs Street East, Auckland 1010
Contact information: +64 09 303 2724, AucklandACS@state.gov
- State Department Consular Affairs: +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter