Location: New Zealand
Event: Covid-19 Update – 16 April 2020
Today, the Government of New Zealand described in part what life in New Zealand will look like when the country moves from Level 4 to Level 3. The government will announce Monday when, and if, the country will move to Level 3.
According to the New Zealand Government, “under Alert Level Three we will still have significant restrictions on our day-to-day lives. The risk of COVID-19 will have diminished, but not gone away.”
Details of what Alert Level Three means can be found here.
Information from the Department of State
At present the Department of State is making every effort to assist U.S. citizens overseas who wish to return to the United States. If you wish to return to the United States, you should make arrangements to do so now. In countries, such as New Zealand, where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens should arrange for immediate return to the United States by commercial carrier, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
For additional information, see our Frequently Asked Questions, The Global Level 4 Health Advisory, and What the Department of State Can and Can’t Do in a Crisis, and Global Advisory.
A temporary change to email messaging was made for the health and safety of all Americans unexpectedly kept abroad during the COVID-19 crisis. Therefore, it is not possible to unsubscribe from STEP messages at this time. You may log into your account on step.state.gov and select “delete” for your New Zealand trip, but you may still receive messages from STEP during the crisis.
Actions to Take
- Visit the Department of State Covid-19 crisis page for the latest information
- Visit the New Zealand Covid-19 website for the most up to date information in New Zealand
- Consult the CDC website for accurate, up to date information
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting or transmitting Covid-19, please read the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Consult your airline, cruise line, or other travel operator regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions
- Visit the United States Embassy in New Zealand website for updated information
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security website for the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Visit the new U.S. Department of State COVID-19 Answers Portal.
- U.S. Consulate General Auckland, Level 3, Citigroup Building, 23 Customs Street East, Auckland 1010
Contact information: +64 09 303 2724, AucklandACS@state.gov
- State Department Consular Affairs: +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter