Passport Amendment

Passport name change:

Follow these steps at, then send with:

  • The applicable fee.  If the requested data change is due to a printing error by Passport Services, there will be no charge
  • A prepaid courier pack for the return of your passport.

Send these documents to:
Consulate General of the United States of America
Attention: American Citizen Services
Private Bag 92022,
Auckland 1142
New Zealand


United States Consulate General
American Citizens Services Section
Level 3, Citigroup Building
23 Customs Street East
Auckland 1010
New Zealand

Photocopies and notarized copies are not acceptable for passport purposes.

If your name has changed by any means other than by marriage or court decree, you must apply in person.