Submit Form DS-5504 if all the following are true:
- you can submit your most recent passport which has not been damaged; and,
- that passport was issued less than one year ago.
Preparing a Complete Application
Please disregard the pre-printed instructions on the online forms and submit all of the following.
- Completed, legible Form DS-5504: Application for a U.S. Passport;
- Most recent U.S. passport
- One (1) U.S. sized passport photograph (Note: must not be the same photo as previously used in a passport. New Zealand size photos are not the correct size. Submitted passport photos must have a white, off-white or cream background)
- Applicants under age 16: One parent is required to sign the application. Please submit the child’s original birth certificate and the signing parent’s original photographic identity, such as a valid passport.
- If applicable, original documentation to support name change or change of other descriptive data (certified photocopies are not acceptable)
- A courier envelope for return of your new and old passports (Note: we are unable to accept Registered Post envelopes to return the documents.)
There are no fees for this application.