What to do:
- Please notify the nearest N.Z. Police station of the loss/theft.
- Inform the U.S. Consulate of the loss/theft by telephone at: +64 9 303 2724 ext. 2800. Leave a message on our voice mail if necessary.
If you decide not to apply for a new passport immediately, you may report your lost or stolen passport by completing Form DS-64 (details about forms here) and mailing it to: U.S. Consulate, American Citizens Services, Level 3 Citigroup Center, 23 Customs Street East, AUCKLAND
To obtain a new passport, you must apply in person to the Auckland Consulate at Level 3, Citigroup Center, 23 Customs Street East, Auckland (cnr. Commerce St) or at one of the Consular Outreach visits. Note: An appointment is needed for this service.
You will need to:
- Complete Form DS-11, Application for Passport. Please note that some of the instructions apply only to U.S. citizens residing in the U.S.
- Present Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Present Proof of Identity
- Provide one Passport Photo (Photos must be 2″x2″ in size with a background that is uniform, plain and white, and free of shadows). ***NOTICE: There is a new policy regarding eyeglasses. Effective for applications filed on or after November 1, 2016, eyeglasses must not be worn in a photo for a passport application, except in rare circumstances when eyeglasses cannot be removed for medical reasons, e.g. the applicant has recently had ocular surgery and the eyeglasses are necessary to protect the applicant’s eyes. In such a case, a medical statement signed by a medical professional must be provided. Thank you for your compliance.***
- Pay the Applicable Fee
- Provide a Social Security Number
- Complete a Statement Regarding Lost Or Stolen Passport, DS-64.
- Present a New Zealand Police Report regarding the passport loss.
- Provide a courier envelope for your passport to be mailed to you.
- Make an appointment.