Join the U.S. Embassy in New Zealand Youth Council in 2022!
UPDATE: Applications are now closed. Follow the 2022 U.S. Embassy Youth Council at #USNZYouthCouncil.
The U.S. Embassy in New Zealand is pleased to announce the 2022 Youth Council Program. This is an opportunity for students and young professionals in Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Palmerston North, and Auckland to engage with U.S. experts, dignitaries, and officials from a variety of fields throughout 2022. Application details are below.
The Youth Council will address topics of importance to both New Zealand and the United States and will be a forum for students to learn more about International Relations and the U.S. in general. For an idea of the kind of events you may participate in, follow the U.S. Embassy New Zealand on Facebook (@newzealand.usembassy), Twitter (@usembassynz), Instagram (@usembassynz), and hashtag #USNZYouthCouncil.
- Participants are expected to attend regularly scheduled meetings throughout the year.
- Participants are expected to actively contribute to group discussions, including online forums, in order to obtain tangible benefits.
- Participants are expected to take part in a community and volunteer program to promote civil society.
- Some participants may have the opportunity to take part in a virtual exchange program with additional requirements.
Applicants must be:
- New Zealand citizens or residents; and
- Between 19-25 years old; and
- Must be based in either Auckland, Palmerston North, Wellington, Christchurch, or Dunedin; and
- Have an interest in learning about and strengthening the relationship between New Zealand and the United States.
Participants will be eligible to remain on the Youth Council for a maximum of 2 years.
Applications closed March 28th, 2022.