American Citizen Services:
U.S. citizens may schedule appointments for the following services:
- passport applications,
- consular reports of birth abroad,
- federal benefit services,
- notarial services, and
U.S. Consulate General Auckland is scheduling immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments for all visa categories. For more information on nonimmigrant MRV fees and scheduling a visa appointment, visit our visa information website. If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, follow the guidance provided at our expedited appointment website to request an emergency appointment.
For the latest updates of COVID-19, please visit nz.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information.
See our Directory of Visa Categories to determine which visa category might be appropriate for your purpose of travel to the United States.
Travel to the United States on a temporary basis, including tourism, temporary employment, study and exchange.
For foreign citizens who want to live permanently in the United States.
What is a Visa?
A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the United States generally must first obtain a U.S. visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport, a travel document issued by the traveler’s country of citizenship.
Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the United States without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel. The Visa section of this website is all about U.S. visas for foreign citizens to travel to the United States.
(Note: U.S. citizens don’t need a U.S. visa for travel, but when planning travel abroad may need a visa issued by the embassy of the country they wish to visit.).
The answers to most inquiries can be found on our website. https://nz.usembassy.gov
If your inquiry can be answered on our website or through one of the provided links, you WILL NOT receive another reply. Please review the FAQ on this website. Immigrant visa inquiries that are not answered on the Mission New Zealand website or in the FAQ, can be directed to: AucklandIV@state.gov. If your query warrants a more detailed response, we will endeavor to provide a personal reply within one- two business days. All correspondence will be attended to in the order that it has been received.
Please be advised that the office is closed to the public on the last Friday of every month, as well as U.S. and New Zealand public holidays.
Consulate General of the United States of America
Private Bag 92022,
Street Address: 3rd Floor,
23 Customs St, (cnr. Commerce St)
View on Google Map
Phone: +64 9 303 2724
Fax: +64 (0) 9 303 1069
Email: email@example.com *
* Please Note: These contact details are for U.S. Citizen queries only. We cannot address U.S. visa queries or issues and all of these calls will be referred to 09 887 5999. Callers from outside New Zealand must call 001 646 259 0526. For help with visas, please contact the Consulate General’s Visa Information Service.
For U.S. visa queries or issues please call 09 887 5999. Callers from outside New Zealand must call 001 646 259 0526. For help with visas, please contact the Consulate General’s Visa Information Service.
The Embassy and Auckland Consulate are closed weekends and U.S. and New Zealand public holidays.
Customer Service Statement
The Department of State manages the visa process strictly but fairly in order to best protect the United States. We are committed to the essential openness for which the United States has always been known. Travel to the United States is welcomed and encouraged.
We promise to you, the visa applicant, that:
- We will treat you with dignity and respect, even if we are unable to grant you a visa.
- We will treat you as an individual and your case as unique.
- We will remember that, to you, a visa interview may be a new or intimidating experience and that you may be nervous.
- We will use the limited time available for the interview to get as full a picture as possible of your travel plans and intentions.
- We will use our available resources to fairly assist all applicants to get appointments to allow travel in time for business, study, and other important obligations.
- We will post detailed and accurate information on visa requirements and application procedures on every Embassy and Consulate website.
- We will provide information on non-immigrant appointment waiting times at every Embassy and Consulate posted on https://travel.state.gov.
- We will explain the reason for any visa denial to you.
Furthermore, if you are a:
- Student, we will make every effort to ensure that you get an appointment and, if qualified, a visa in time to start classes.
- Medical and humanitarian emergency traveler, we will expedite processing for those dealing with life threatening emergencies.
- Business traveler, we will establish appropriate mechanisms to facilitate business travel and expedite cases of particular concern to American business.
At the same time, we expect you, the visa applicant, to:
- Plan your travel and visa application as far in advance as possible.
- Complete your application fully and accurately.
- Be forthcoming about your purpose and plans.
- Prepare for your interview by being able to clearly and concisely describe your intentions.