Immigrant Visas


U.S. Citizen Services

If you need to renew an adult passport, please follow the instructions here:

If you need any of the following services, you must schedule an appointment:

  • Renew a minor passport
  • Apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)
  • Federal benefits processing
  • Certificate of Loss of Nationality
  • Notarial services

Visa Services

Non-immigrant visa services will resume the week of July 20, 2020.

As of June 22, 2020, most immigrant visa categories (with the exception of IR-1, IR-2, CR-1, and CR-2), as well as the non-immigrant visa categories H-1B, H-2B, L, and several J visa categories (au pair, intern, trainee, teacher, camp counselor, and summer work travel), are suspended through December 31, 2020.

For further information about the Presidential Proclamations, please visit

Book a non-immigrant visa appointment

For the latest updates of COVID-19, please visit

Immigrant visas to the United States for citizens and residents of New Zealand are processed only at the U.S. Consulate in Auckland.

To apply for an immigrant visa, a foreign citizen seeking to immigrate generally must be sponsored by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident immediate relative(s), or prospective U.S. employer, and have an approved petition before applying for an immigrant visa. The sponsor begins the process by filing a petition on the foreign citizen’s behalf with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).  You may wish to review our Directory of Visa Categories to learn about the different types of immigrant visas to the United States, including our Diversity Visa Program.  Then, follow the steps on the Immigrant Visa Process, or on the Diversity Visa Process, on to begin applying for an immigrant visa.

Once USCIS has approved your petition and you have completed pre-processing with the National Visa Center (NVC), or if you have been selected in the Diversity Visa Lottery and completed processing with the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), review the instructions given to you by the NVC or the KCC, along with the information presented on this website, for further guidance and instructions.

Immigrant Visas